Ferris Bueller

Oh you guys......Thomas Trouble pulled a fast one on us yesterday.

He faked that he didn't feel well so much that I fell for it, Einstein fell for it, and even his teacher fell for it. We were all waiting for him to vomit.

He woke up telling me he didn't feel good. Telling me something different hurt every time I asked. Then he refused breakfast. Then he laid on the couch whining. Einstein brought him to daycare and he wouldn't participate in any activities telling the teacher every 2 minutes that his belly hurt. She waiting for the que to rush him to the bathroom.

My mom guilt got the best of me at 9am and I called to check on him. She told me of the shenanigans that were going on and I felt it was best to get him out of there before he did indeed erupt.

She kept Mr. Mean for me.

We got home and I quickly got him situated on the couch with a towel and a bucket. Turned the TV and waited.

Then he starts smirking at me. The kinds of smirks he does to signal he's happy.

You guys, I was on to him.

Two minutes later he started asking "Mom, can I please have a snack?"

I got him some banana bread and he perked right up. Not laying down again. Then he moved to the floor and started playing with his toys.

So then I started prodding and asking him questions and I got him to admit that he just didn't want to go to school. He was giving me ridiculous reasons such as "you forgot to pack me banana bread and I just really wanted to come home and have some." Mind you, it's what we prepared for him for breakfast and he refused.

You guys, he totally pulled a Ferris Bueller on us!

So from that point on I shut the TV off and made him work for me. He helped me around the house for a bit and then kept going to his room and sulking. A little later he even asked if I'd bring him back to school. Nope. Not going to happen.

He got my message. I didn't have to yell. We talked about lying and "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". He apologized to me and he apologized to his teacher when we picked up David.

This morning he woke up with a cold and when I asked him if he had a cold to see how he'd play this he said "Yeah, I have a cold but I'm going to school. Other people go to school with colds so it's okay, right Mom?"

Yup, he got my point!

Denise  – (January 4, 2012 at 3:37 PM)  

little stinker! They are tricky.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP