"by myself"

Internet, a funny thing happened last that brought the biggest smile to my face.

I've often wondered what it's going to be like for David when Thomas goes to kindergarten next year.  For all of David's life, Thomas has been there to "hold his hand".

The sleep together.
The eat together.
They play together.
They watch TV together only inches apart from eachother.

They are a brotherly unit.  A pair.  Two peas in a pod.  Two opposites that blend like nothing I've ever seen before.

Last night though, David got to shine all by himself.

I knew it, but most importantly HE knew it.

He had his very own first swim class.

He was very timid, and regardless of absolutely loving water, he took his own sweet time to warm up to actually getting in the pool.  The entire 15+ minutes he sat on the edge of the pool saying "this MY class Mama?"

A short time later he got into the pool and there was no turning back for him.  He kept yelling "look at me!" and "I doing it by myself!"

He beamed.

One thing that both boys look forward to in the morning is telling their teacher all about the things they do outside of school.  So while getting him ready this morning I asked him "Are you going to tell Ms. Sue about swimming?"  He said "Yes, I tell her I swim by myself."

I adored watching him by himself.  I adored seeing how big he smiled and how proud he was of himself.

And now I know that next September he's going to be just fine while Thomas is in kindergarten.

Denise  – (April 27, 2012 at 6:25 PM)  

love love love this!! I love it when they realize that they "can" do it by themselves.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP