Baby to Boy

Internet, I haven't quite been able to really put into words what it was like putting Thomas on the school bus for the first time.

I told myself I wouldn't cry.  I believed myself and thought i was doing good until I saw the school but coming.

Before the school but came to a complete stop in front of our driveway, Thomas Trouble was off and running. 

I didn't get to hug him.  I didn't get to look him in the face and tell him to have a good day.

He was gone and I was in tears.

It could have gone badly.  We could have both been in tears and I could have had to peel him off of me.  I am thankful that he wasn't full of fear and that he was so eager to experience it it.

I was a wreck though.

I tucked my first baby into bed just 12 hours earlier and woke up to a little boy.


There is nothing "baby" about him and there probably hasn't been for a while.  But it wasn't more evident to me than on the morning of his very first day of kindergarten.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP