Tools in the Hands of Fools

I'm back! Did you miss me? Did you even notice I was gone? he he he


We went to the lake in Maine this weekend. It was our first trip of the season. We'll probably be spending a lot of weekends up there from now on throughout the Summer. Hopefully we'll get Thomas adjusted to sleeping up there. He was AWFUL at night. He was up until 11:00pm both Fri and Sat nights.

He had an absolute blast during the day though! He did tons of exploring, picking up rocks and acorns, climbing the stairs in the back yard, checking out the lake (trying to jump in a few times!), etc. etc. It was fun watching him check things out for the first time. Last year he was just a big fat blob up there!
Do you see this kitchen set? I thought it would be a nice thing for T to have up there. Its the Target kitchen set that literally comes in 2,000 pieces and has 26 steps required when putting it together. Einstein challenged me to put it together and well............at step 6/7 my job was done. Yup, I put the Philips head screw driver through my hand. Then I passed out. Then I spent the rest of the night with my feet up, ice on my hand and head while watching Einstein finish putting it together. I don't think he'll challenge me again. It backfired on him! Luckily, Thomas Trouble was all about it and LOVED it! This picture was taken right before bed at 11:00pm Sat night. We had to tear him away from it kicking and screaming! Here's where I hurt my hand. The screw driver went in right between my thumb and index finger. It didn't bleed much at all and it barely hurt the next day. I'm really not sure why on earth I passed out from it! Perhaps it was just seeing a hole in my hand? I don't know.
Here's Einstein letting T test the lake water. Please don't call DSS on us!
And here's me and T checking out the tractor.
Thomas Trouble collecting some rocks. And checking out the lake with Uncle Mikey.
(You should have seen Einstein and his brother Mikey in the wets suits on Saturday afternoon! They put them on in order to go in the lake to put that dock in. It's about (8) 8 foot sections long! Funny sites I tell ya! he he he Be glad I didn't take pictures of that!)

Aside from the little screw driver mishap, it was a nice weekend.

jenny  – (May 13, 2008 at 11:34 AM)  

dang girl - that looks like it hurt! ouch! glad you had a good time. love that kitchen - tucker has one and he LOVES it too. and yes, i was missin' ya! :)

kim-d  – (May 13, 2008 at 12:17 PM)  

Oh my gosh, Mary--I about passed out just reading about the screwdriver going through your hand! Mary, Mary, Mary...screwdrivers are for drinking! Stay way far away from any other form of screwdriver...BWAHAHAHA! On the other hand, Thomas Trouble obviously loves life at the lake, and I LOVED the pic of the two of you on the tractor. I also loved the one of Thomas "testing" the water...a true father/son bonding moment :)! Lakes sure do provide the best of times, don't they! But I surely DID miss you...

Anonymous –   – (May 13, 2008 at 12:46 PM)  

Do I see a tetanus shot in your future?! I am glad that you had such a nice weekend! I went to Maine once as a youngster and remember how beautiful it was and how much fun I had in the lake - I would love to take a trip back with my kiddos sometime.

Happy Days  – (May 13, 2008 at 12:50 PM)  

I am still a little whoozy about your screw driver mishap!! Those are some great pictures! I love the one of Thomas and Uncle Mikey! You should frame that one for Uncle Mikey. Thomas is a chick magnet for him, I am sure!!!

Amy  – (May 13, 2008 at 1:48 PM)  

Love these pics! I was just thinking about the time you cut your finger when you were preggo with T. I hope you are feeling better.

Misty  – (May 13, 2008 at 4:47 PM)  

TELL me you didn't go to Maine. TELL ME!! I used to live in Thomaston and then Camden. **sigh**

Leslie Collins  – (May 13, 2008 at 8:52 PM)  

I love the kitchen set. We just got Reyna one and she loves it. Although, I can't take credit for putting it together like you did. Way to go! :)

Cute pic's...

Robyn  – (May 13, 2008 at 10:01 PM)  

OOH, the screw driver through the hand can't be good! But I love that kitchen set I see it possibly being a present for PB.
Looks like you have a great spot for vacations.

KG  – (May 13, 2008 at 10:56 PM)  

That water testing photo was AWESOME. It would have been cooler if it were a toilet bowl, though . . . however, then DSS surely would have been called.

just jamie  – (May 14, 2008 at 1:34 AM)  

The screwdriver seriously went *through* your hand? Holy crap. I smell a Target lawsuit. Nah. But come on, at least a little gift certificate of appreciation?

kimmy  – (May 14, 2008 at 7:28 AM)  

What lake did you go to? It was a beautiful weekend here in Maine!

I hope your hand feels better!

Kimmy

Anonymous –   – (May 14, 2008 at 12:08 PM)  

I love the little kitchen,and you have lovely photos!

Alice  – (May 14, 2008 at 3:45 PM)  

Oh dear lord. The screwdriver through the hand made ME pass out at my desk. (Well, almost.)

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I don't know about Boston. Probably not, seeing as fall is the busiest time of the year where I work and Ervin's birthday is mixed in there, too. But I can't fully say "no" just yet - b/c I'm dying to meet all you bloggin' gals! Hoepfully closer to time I will be able to make a decision, but I hope that everyone makes this an annual event - so we can all meet!

Trixie Twatwaffle  – (May 15, 2008 at 4:02 AM)  

wow....i thought you meant that you just got frustrated and stopped working on the kitchen. Then I saw the picture.

Ouch.

Seriously.

OUCH.

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (May 15, 2008 at 8:43 AM)  

Love Love Love the Veruca Salt reference!!

I WANT IT NOW DADDY is the best! I plan to tell John when I get home.

So far this morning I still liked the color but alas, it does look almost identical to the plain old grey concrete I started with.

This was basically a $100 oopsy!

Hallie

girlymom  – (May 16, 2008 at 12:22 AM)  

It looks like such a peaceful wonderfult ime. I can't believe you managed to put a screwdriver through your hand! Were the directions written only in Japanese, I mean I have never seen the assembly directions ever require bodily harm- well maybe to assemble a real adult home kitchen, but never for a kids Target kitchen. Anyways, hope you are ok. I love the pic upside down reaching for the water!

Zoe  – (May 21, 2008 at 10:47 PM)  

i love maine! i am so jealous. i almost bought ava that kitchen. luckily i did not! all those pieces...UGGGG!

Jaime Cox  – (May 28, 2008 at 9:01 PM)  

Holy crap!??!! You passed out??!! Shite!
The lake in Maine looks great!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP