I guess I missed my calling

That's what Einstein told me tonight.

A little while ago I was making my bed and I asked Einstein to help me. I had washed every bit of the bed linens today including the mattress pad, which is a total PITA to put back on. That's why I asked Einstein for his help. BIG MISTAKE.
I can totally admit that I am anal when it comes to making a bed. Not anal in the sense that it has to be made every day (although I do try) but anal in the sense that it just has to be made right. You know, corners perfect, top sheet right side down so you can fold the top over a little bit to see the decorative side. The way it would me in a hotel.
Well my way and Einstein's way are TOTALLY different. We bickered (laughing the entire time) about how the bed should be made. Right down to the amount of sheet and blanket that hung over the side. (that was his gripe not mine!) God forbid I had more on my side!
We finish and he says: "you totally missed your calling. You should be working in a hotel or a motel as a maid making beds! You should go get a job at Motel 6." HA!

And a few pics from today. Playing outside. Thomas is such a BOY. He wanted nothing to do with me or my camera. All he wanted to do was play in the mulch and eat sticks!

Amy  – (November 18, 2007 at 10:10 PM)  

eintein and your ways are always different. you are a good balance! love the hat!

Maria  – (November 18, 2007 at 10:11 PM)  

Hi Mary. I laughed when I read this post and just had to comment. I can totally relate. I think it's the way my mom brought me up because my sister is just like me. It's usually about 9:00 at night when I get around to putting the clean sheets on the bed and my husband just looks at me and says, "I don't know why you're making the bed so pretty when I'm just going to jump in there and mess it all up.!" I think he subconsiously loves the look of a freshly made bed and it makes him want to dive it. Your son's pictures are so sweet.

Jen  – (November 18, 2007 at 10:15 PM)  

He looks so cute in that coat and hat, and those big blue eyes! How can you resist them? He is sooo going to use those against you.

Anonymous –   – (November 19, 2007 at 12:09 AM)  

I agree with Jen - those eyes! What a doll.

I love making the bed - I am a total dork that way. The first time my husband saw me 'corner' the sheets he looked at me like I was crazy. He too 'argues' about the length of the blanket on each side, and always insists that I get more . . . I sometimes think he is going to start keeping a ruler in the bedside drawer. I hope he does - then I won't be the only crazy one.

Kellan  – (November 19, 2007 at 1:30 AM)  

"hotel or motel business" - funny! I'm not particular about how I make the sheets - my mom is though - oh, boy - not me, I just shove the in. I'm pretty anal about most everything else, I don't know why I don't care about the sheets. Cute story. See ya. Kellan

Kellan  – (November 19, 2007 at 1:30 AM)  

Adorable pictures BTW - ADORABLE!!!!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP