TfT-Walfart, Walmart, Wallyworld, or whatever else you call it

What do you call it?

Einstein HATES Walmart. With a passion. I don't think there are words strong enough to describe his hatred of the store. And it has nothing to do with Walmart corporately or business wise. His hatred is based solely on his shopping experiences. He refuses to go with me. He will, on occasion, take me if I'm running in for something on the fly and he'll wait outside in the car. But other than that it takes some real bribery to get him near there! It could have to do with the messy aisles, the workers, the LONG lines, the demographics that shop there, the chaos etc. etc. I can sympathize with him, however I will shop there. But I've figured out when the best times to go there are so I can avoid at least the chaos and the long lines. I will not go on a weekend. Instead, I try to go during the week between 6:00pm and 7:00pm. For me, these have been the most hassle free times.
Did I mention that I once got asked out my a Walmart greeter? Yup, it's no joke! My Mom was with me.

So tell me, what are your thoughts toward Walmart? Do you shop there or do you despise it too like Einstein? Do you favor Target over Walmart? Do you try to shop there on off hours too, like me?

Anonymous –   – (November 15, 2007 at 3:16 PM)  

Hellmart. Plain and simple. Target is always the preferred for the exact reasons that you mentioned - long lines, chaos, and, yes, the demographics. I too try to shop during 'off' hours - usually after 8:00 p.m. - the kids are asleep and husband is zoned out infront of the television.

Happy Days  – (November 15, 2007 at 3:54 PM)  

will shop there, but do not enjoy it one bit.

Zoe  – (November 15, 2007 at 4:23 PM)  

We call it HELLMART. I never go there...for political reasons. I'm a Target girl.

Anonymous –   – (November 15, 2007 at 8:06 PM)  

I DO NOT do WalMart. They owe my father in law 1/2 million dollars from a steel building his company put up several years back. I think that they are a very shiesty company. However, I do like Sam's and I know they are owned by the same. I try not to go there much. I LOVE Target. I could spend every penny to my name there. :)

jenny  – (November 15, 2007 at 8:55 PM)  

i :heart: target. when it comes to walmart - it is always just a mess. i mean, clean the place up and make your morning cheer (i hear they have one) mean something! seesh. i'd go to target over wallymart any day of the week. i think i'm attracted to it like a moth to a flame! hahaha!

Robyn  – (November 15, 2007 at 9:44 PM)  

I perfer Target. But it is a 30 mile drive to 2 miles to walmart. I try my best to stay out of the place on weekends.

Kellan  – (November 15, 2007 at 11:23 PM)  

I couldn't live without Walmart and I do shop there, but I've become increasingly unhappy with our stores here in SA. What are their buyers doing? Why did they move everything around? Why does it look so shabby? What is going on? I like Target too, but they don't have everything I always need and they're more expensive - I keep going back to Walmart. See ya.

Amy  – (November 16, 2007 at 7:24 AM)  

i have a little confession to make. i am off to walmart today but not alone. i am bringin p.j. for protection!!! he doesn't know it yet!

Nicole  – (November 16, 2007 at 7:47 AM)  

Walmart is my main grocery shopping center... its always SO much cheaper than Meijer or Polly's (two other big shopping places in town). I also love to shop in the non-grocery side as well.

What I hate about Wal-Mart.... the ghetto, trashy people that gather and always seem to be shopping there. I swear "Jackson's Finest" flock to Walmart. You see some interesting people, that's for sure. My hubby hates WalMart- every time we go he says "We have GOT to get the hell out of this town. HAHA!

Anonymous –   – (November 16, 2007 at 8:34 AM)  

I hate Wal-Mart! Target all the way! :)

Michelle Leigh  – (November 16, 2007 at 1:05 PM)  

Seriously hate Walmart. I don't call it anything because it doesn't exist in my world. It's dirty, not set up well, the people there suck and there is nothing there that I can't buy at Target. Target is the best and I frequent that store. My husband thinks I should own stock considering how much I spend there. It is my "happy place". I do go to Sam's, but that's only because it's the only warehouse store in town, until next summer when Costco opens. Yeah Costco!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada  – (November 19, 2007 at 12:52 PM)  

I hate Walmart too!! I am all about Target!!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP