Things that make me go Uggg! Take 1.

Seriously, some things on this list make me want to curl up in the fetal position and rock back and forth! My sisters over here and here can atest to this as well as my Mom. They grew up with my sensory issues. As for Einstein.........some times I think he questions what on earth he got himself into!

I have to give a shout out to Hallie over at WWOW for inspiring me to share with you my pet peeves, er, I mean, "issues."

Lets just say my "senses" are heightened. They are a lot more sensitive than most people's. And in order to keep this post from being a marathon post, I'm only going to touch on my hearing today. Here goes....................

HEARING

I have super duper ridiculous hearing. I can here EVERYTHING. And for whatever reason, the softer sounds are the ones that give me the willies and make my skin crawl!

*chewing-This is a broad one.............more specifically: chewing with your mouth open, slurping, picking your teeth, swallowing noises such as big gulps, CHEWING ON THE PHONE WITH ME-I will hang up and ask you to call me when you are done. And don't try to hide it from me-I CAN HEAR IT!

*nail biting-I bite my own nails but can't tolerate the sound of other's doing it. I know, such a double standard!

*snoring-I can tolerate Thomas' snoring but not Einsteins..........I know, I know........I don't understand it either.

*loud TVs-Good Lord, TURN IT DOWN!

*dog barking-IT GOES RIGHT THROUGH ME. Espeically my own dog Norman's barking. SHUT UP!

*breathing-more specifically breathing in my ear. I make Einstein roll over every night until I fall asleep. The mere fact that he breathes in the bed at night makes me want to throw myself in front of a MAC truck!

I'm messed up. This I know.

Anonymous –   – (June 18, 2008 at 9:27 AM)  

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment on my new page.
I agree with you on the chewing and the barking.. I feel bad but I get very annoyed when people chew. Especially Brent(my boyfriend). I used to live in this apartment and the lady upstairs had two dogs that would bark for hours and hours. It would make me want to pull my hair out.. UGH!!!

jenny  – (June 18, 2008 at 9:35 AM)  

super sonic hearing - hahaha! love it! i HATE when our TV is loud. i am always turning it down. i also can't stand when my hubby snores - i feel like duct taping his nostrils together!

Alice  – (June 18, 2008 at 10:34 AM)  

Oh my god! That is too funny. Seriously, I have issues listening to people SWALLOW.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only weird one out there! :)

Unknown  – (June 18, 2008 at 12:04 PM)  

LOL - I love the breathing one, haha!

Julie  – (June 18, 2008 at 1:57 PM)  

LOL!
Sometimes I wish my hubby would let me get a head start to bed...snoring UGH!!

Happy Days  – (June 18, 2008 at 2:46 PM)  

this is a funny one! I am glad to hear you admitting these things. They say this is the first step!

KG  – (June 18, 2008 at 2:51 PM)  

Ok, I hate the "saliva mouth" sound when somebody is talking and it has this gross suctiony sort of sound when their tongue moves around. EWWW. I don't know if it's caused by too much saliva or too little - either way it's gross.

kimmy  – (June 18, 2008 at 7:09 PM)  

I have good hearing too and I am a light sleeper. My husband's snoring keeps me awake for hours!
AHHH!

Kimmy

kimmy  – (June 18, 2008 at 7:09 PM)  

Listening to people eat bananas is rather gross too. It makes a weird mushing noise when they chew!

Kimmy

Leslie Collins  – (June 18, 2008 at 7:52 PM)  

I can't stand listening to people chew. We had this neighbor growing up and it was the son. Well anyway, he chewed so loud and his mouth was open. It was disgusting. I think of him everytime I see someone else doing it, too.

Don't feel crazy. We all have our quirks! :)

Amy  – (June 18, 2008 at 9:42 PM)  

Oh come on, Mary!!! You have serious issues! he he he How come you can chew on the phone and others can't?

Robyn  – (June 18, 2008 at 10:18 PM)  

Ha, I'm with you on the snoring, I can handle the girl, but J has to move or something. And I swear he's deaf since he also has the TV on too darn loud. Drives me bonkers.

Anonymous –   – (June 20, 2008 at 12:57 AM)  

Everything you listed sounds perfectly normal to me. Maybe I am goofed up too then?! I have hearing sensitively I think as well. I remember as a kid hating when the drums went by at a parade. Now, I enjoy music, but certain things will bug me, and parade drums do. All the things you listed bug me. My sons snoring is ok, husband drives me nuts.

Anonymous –   – (June 20, 2008 at 12:26 PM)  

It's called "wife hearing"...my wife has it too...

Kellan  – (June 20, 2008 at 1:58 PM)  

Chewing is one of my pet peeves too - amongst some of these others.

Nice to see you today - see you soon - Kellan

Anonymous –   – (June 20, 2008 at 10:14 PM)  

OH MY GOSH... we are sisters! Just ask Kim-D! Those are my same "normal problems" hehe
Mary Lee

OHmommy  – (June 21, 2008 at 12:02 AM)  

I can not stand the volume of our TV.

kim-d  – (June 21, 2008 at 10:03 AM)  

Mary, Mary, Mary...BWAHAHAHAHA! Ya know what I think is really funny? Amy JEAN Kelly BUSTED YOU ON THE EATING ON THE PHONE!!! I am in total agreement on that one, though--I hate that! And if someone else does it to me, I will grab something to eat and do it right back. These are just so funny...and IT IS TRUE, BOTH OF THE "ML's" THAT I KNOW...you and Mary Lee...GO UGG AT THE SAME THINGS! And accuse people of doing some of these UGG things when they're not really doing them. Hmmmm? You crack me up, ML-G! Everything would be just fine if only people wouldn't BREATHE, right? BWAHAHAHA!

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (June 24, 2008 at 7:29 AM)  

Love your list!!

I have super-dee-duper hearing too!

Hallie :)

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP