My Babes............the big and the little one

We are slowly adjusting to becoming a family of four. It's been an interesting few days because Thomas has been sick. We are off to the pediatrician this afternoon for both of them to be seen. David is a little jaundice and Thomas Trouble is just plain sick. We don't know what is wrong with him. He is on an antibiotic from an ear infection but there is clearly something else going on. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it today.

So far there hasn't been any trouble as far as Thomas and David go. Thomas loves him! He calls him "my baby" or "my brudda."

David's birth was QUICK! I never had expected to deliver a baby on Monday. We went to Labor and Delivery to be checked out around 11:00am. I had been having contractions every 10 min since Sunday morning. By the time they got us into a triage room at 12:00pm and hooked up to the monitors, my contractions were about every 6 min. However by 2:15pm I had only dilated to 1-maybe 2cm. I thought for sure they were going to send me home. But, thank God, they had me walk the halls of the hospital for 2 hours instead. So we walked. Einstein took me to places in the hospital that we probably weren't supposed to be in. He even made me climb stairs. It all worked though! At 4:15 I was dilated to 4-5cm and my contractions were about every 3-4 min apart and boy did they take off after that! Before I knew it they were steady at every 2 min and I couldn't take the heat any more. We were staying! And quickly looking for an epidural. At 7pm something the doctor gave me the option of having him break my water. He said it would speed things up and I may deliver in 2-3 hours. Sounded good to me. However I delivered in under an hour! At 8:29pm he SHOT out of me. No joke, Einstein, my mom and sisters gasped as the doctor caught him. He almost landed on the floor!

Here are some pictures from the last couple of days.For more pictures, you can go here: David

Michelle Leigh  – (March 13, 2009 at 12:57 PM)  

Congrats Mary, he's beautiful! Glad to hear things are going well, minus the illnesses! I look forward to hearing more!

Denise  – (March 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM)  

how wonderful! what a cutie pie!

Denise  – (March 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM)  

how wonderful! what a cutie pie!

Leslie Collins  – (March 13, 2009 at 2:49 PM)  

Sorry to hear Thomas is sick! :(

Love the extra pic's on smugmug. You do not look like you had just delivered a baby!

Congrats again and I hope you are all adjusting.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (March 13, 2009 at 4:28 PM)  

Congrats! I hope you learn what is up with Thomas soon.

I love your sister's shots! Amazing as always!

Anonymous –   – (March 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM)  

He is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on a healthy handsome young man.
Mary Lee

Anonymous –   – (March 13, 2009 at 8:01 PM)  

Oh Mary! He is beautiful! And so tiny! I am so glad everything went well (and quickly) and hope that the adjustment continues to go well. I also hope everyone is feeling better soon - a new baby is hard enough without a sick toddler!

Julie  – (March 14, 2009 at 8:55 PM)  

Mary, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
He is so adorable!! I love the pics.

Trixie Twatwaffle  – (March 14, 2009 at 10:12 PM)  

Absolutley beautiful!!

Congrats to you all!

kim-d  – (March 15, 2009 at 2:12 PM)  

Hey, M-Dawg--I hope the boys are doing better now and that you were able to get some sleep! I talked to you on FB but I think you were in the middle of complete and total exhaustion.

Take good care of yourself, Girl, and tell Amy JEAN to get that camera fired up! :)

Robyn  – (March 16, 2009 at 1:29 PM)  

Crongrats! I'm glad to hear T's baby is home:)

Zoe  – (March 21, 2009 at 10:23 PM)  

Congrats! I'm glad the delivery went well. He is amazing!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP