We started with three..............

And now there are two.

Two fish that is.

Their names as of last night, were......Nemo, Dori, and Sammy.I'm not sure which one was flushed away.

Einstein found it dead right before he came to bed last night. Then first thing this morning before Thomas Trouble woke up, he removed it from the tank.

We were in the clear until approx. two minutes before we left the house this morning. TT went back in his room to get his coat and I could hear him........."there's only two fish. Mama! I only have two fishes!" Yeah Internet, we can't slip anything by this kid!

I told him the truth. I told him it was dead. You see, I kind of had a feeling the fish wasn't doing too well as soon as we got it in the house. I let Thomas Trouble carry the bag of 3 fish into the house yesterday and at one point he shook the bag. Like really SHOOK the bag. Not sure if that did it but I kind of have a feeling it did. He wasn't acting right after that. He perked up once he was in the tank but, he still just wasn't swimming like the other fish. Yesterday I told him that the fish was in trouble from that shake. So he kind of got it this morning.........the whole dead fish thing. Dead from shakin' fish syndrome.

I promised him another fish. What on earth did I get myself into?

Mind you, this whole "fish" thing started with me only wanting ONE fish, in a bowl. I thought it would be fun for TT considering he constantly talks about his imaginary pets, Nemo and Stuart Little. Remind me not to inform Einstein of my ideas any more. His "go big or go home attitude" kicked in while in the pet store on Sunday. I'm blaming him!

It's really entertaining to here TT talk to his fish though. He was trying to tell them his name. "Hi fish! My name is Thomas!"

To be continued.........

Kim Airhart  – (March 31, 2010 at 1:57 PM)  

It's good that you told him the truth. It helps kids learn about death even if it is just a fish.

We've had three gold fish for years. Once we thought that one of them was dead because he was belly up for a day but the little sucker came back to life. It was nuts.

Anonymous –   – (March 31, 2010 at 2:22 PM)  

Is there any way Einstein and my husband are long-lost brothers?! I have resisted getting my kids fish because of the 'go big or go home' approach that my husband wants to take . . . the tank, the 'extra' fish, the mess that I no doubt am going to be responsible for.

And I am with Kim . . . I am very impressed that you told TT the truth about the dead fish!

Robyn  – (April 1, 2010 at 10:57 AM)  

I had the whole big tank set up before I got married and we just didn't have room for it anymore, but I would really like to get another, albeit, smaller one since Maggie's highlight of shopping at hellmart is the fish.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP