Lasts

So you know how you always remember the first time of everything? First words. First steps. First this and first that.

Just the other day I was thinking about the lasts. How you never remember the last times. And when I was thinking about this, I was telling myself that I need to pay attention to things more. The little things. Soak them up more. Try to remember EVERYTHING.

Fast forward to a few minutes ago.

Thomas Trouble was upstairs watching "The Land Before Time" or Little Foot as he calls it. I was downstairs on this computer. I heard him screaming and instantly ran upstairs. I was a bit angry to find out that the reason he was screaming was because he wanted a snack. I reprimanded him for screaming like that and told him that if he wanted a snack he needed to go have it in the kitchen. He is not allowed to eat snacks on my bed.

And then it happened. Something no one else other than me or Einstein would probably ever notice.

He asked me to pause Little Foot.

So........what's the big deal, Internet?

For as long as I can remember, Thomas Trouble has always said "will you POP this?" when he wanted something paused. He always pronounced pause as pop. It always made me and Einstein chuckle. We liked it and we joked about it.

And now it's gone. Just like that. And I don't remember the last time he said "will you pop this for me?"

I just wish I could remember the lasts.

Jen  – (June 6, 2010 at 3:18 PM)  

I just sat here for about five minutes, just holding back tears. I don't think you meant this as deep as I took it, but lately I've been wishing I could remember a few "lasts". The last time I hugged my grandmother, the last time I played Chinese Checkers with my grandfather, the last time my fiance who died smiled at me, etc, etc, etc. All the little moments that go by in a flash, that we assume will happen again, and therefore don't treasure.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (February 8, 2011 at 7:40 PM)  

Oh my ... just makes me think of something of the things Jonathan used to say and still says... :-( Sniff. I have got to go cry.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP