The Hat

Internet, if my last post didn't prove that Mr. Mean is quite quirky, then maybe this will.

Have you been able to see the pattern with him? First it was with his shoes. He didn't like anything but these one particular pair. He would cry when I tried others. Eventually I was able to break him down. Then he did the same thing with overalls. Do you remember?

Well now it seems he has an affection for a hat that is AT LEAST one size too small.

He absolutely-no-freakin-way lets me put any other hat on his head. I take that back, he did allow me to put a Red Sox cap on him recently. But as far as winter hats go, forget about it! It's this hat or no hat as far as he's concerned.

It's so small that you actually have to tug at it on top to get it off. The straps barely fit around his chin to velcro it.

The funny thing is, I think he knows it's too small. Because if he's not outside, he whips it off. As soon as we get in the car........off with the hat. As soon as we get in the house........off with the hat. But as soon as we pull up somewhere that requires him to get out of the car I start hearing "My hat! My hat! Cold out!" So he knows his hat is too small for him but at the same time he knows he needs a hat. What gives?

Mind you, in this house, A LOT of winter hats can be found! I've tried. But yet again, this is a battle that just isn't worth it.Mr. Mean, as long as your head and ears are warm, I guess it's okay for you to wear your too small hat.

Even if on some days you look like you have a mullet or look like an Egyptian Sphinx.

Robyn  – (January 20, 2011 at 4:40 PM)  

:) they can be persistent can't they.

Anonymous –   – (January 22, 2011 at 2:26 PM)  

Isn't it funny how different the personalities of two kids who came from the same parents can be?! B.riar tends to be very persnickity as well when it comes to her winter gear - to her jacket = hat = mittens and there is to be no deviation! And if the big kids wear boots, she must have hers on as well, regardless of the fact that she is riding in the stroller and not walking!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP