"A little bit of everything..."

Internet, I'm documenting this because I hope in years down the road Thomas will be wining and dining on some of the most glorious meals there are! One can hope, right?

Because the visions of him taking a date to Nicky's some day for a PB&J make me cringe!

For a couple of years now we've been dealing with a declining variety of foods that Thomas will eat. Dinner is the worst of all meals. It's a struggle every night to strike a balance of a full belly and a happy heart.

One thing that's been working lately is a dinner that Thomas requests that's called "A little bit of everything."

You guys, it kills me to be serving this to him for dinner, but he eats it! And he usually tells me that this is "a really great dinner!"

These divided dishes are a huge hit in our house. The boys like to see something in ever section. And just so you know, while I use the same dishes for both boys, David's dish usually contains most of the foods we eat. I'm trying to save him from Thomas' ways!

So for the sake of keeping this in the memory book, here is what a typical dinner for Thomas looks like at night:

From the top clockwise: Ramen Noodles without the seasoning, cheese stick, bread and butter, 2 chicken nuggets, apples with peanut butter for dipping on the side.

And here's the after shot:
At least he's eating!

Joc1234  – (April 26, 2012 at 4:53 PM)  

Mary - I just want to say thank you for posting this. Dinner time is always such a struggle for us and it’s nice to know I'm not alone in this battle! I've been resisting the temptation of making separate meals just for Anthony (Emma is *usually* ok with dinner), but maybe if I try the "little bit of everything" approach, everyone will leave the table a "little" happier. Thanks again!!

Josephine

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP