The Bubble Blower

I bought Thomas a bubble blower a.k.a lawn mower on Friday. Yesterday seemed like the perfect day to try it out. It's funny how now as a parent, I can look at things and know instantly and say to myself "oh this is going to be great" or "nope, that's just not going to work" or "did the people that made this have toddlers of their own?" Look at this picture. Is it just me or do you see how it was going to go down with the bubble blower?Yeah, well, he gave it one pass across the yard and then realized that that little bottle of bubbles wasn't completely attached. I could see it in his eyes. He went right for the bottle and that was the end of the bubbles. He played with the bubble bottle and the bubble blower for a good 20 minutes while sitting on the ground. I don't think I'll be putting more bubbles in it! Don't get me wrong, he loves it! And it provided 20 minutes of good entertainment. It just won't be blowing any more bubbles out of it!

KG  – (April 27, 2008 at 9:11 AM)  

Heh - I bought Sumo baby a hippo that blows bubbles and it's awesome. You pour the stuff in - no jug of bubble stuff attached. Then you press the handle, the hippo's mouth opens, and voila! He barfs bubbles. I love it.

Unknown  – (April 27, 2008 at 11:30 AM)  

This made me smile because my 2 year olds are currently obsessed with bubbles, however, manage to dump their little bottles over every time. I have at least 8 empties lined up - and that's from within the last 2 weeks. Those little bottles are definitely not made for little slippery hands, that's for sure.

Darling picture of your boy :)

Amy  – (April 27, 2008 at 1:03 PM)  

I love these pictures. He is so curious. I am sure he will have the whole thing figured out if he hasn't all ready!

Happy Days  – (April 27, 2008 at 1:47 PM)  

Great picture Mary! Could you bring that bubble mower over my house!

Anonymous –   – (April 27, 2008 at 7:47 PM)  

This post makes me want to go out and buy some bubbles!

Denise H.  – (April 27, 2008 at 8:05 PM)  

Those things are so Cute! Too bad about the bubbles though.

kim-d  – (April 27, 2008 at 9:11 PM)  

I love the look on his face as he's looking into the empty bubble bottle--you can practically see the wheels turning in his head! But, heck, if it kept Thomas Trouble-free for 20 minutes??? YAY! I personally think the bubble-barfing hippo sounds kinda fun :).

I just love me some Thomas...

Robyn  – (April 27, 2008 at 10:42 PM)  

I almost bought a bubble blower today. Why would you leave the bubble bottle on the lawn mower, that is poor design. PB would be all over that like Thomas.
He looks so intent on figuring something out.

Jaime Cox  – (April 27, 2008 at 11:56 PM)  

hahaha... we received the same lawnmower as a gift a few years back. and, i don't ever remember getting the bubbles to work!
still a good toy:)

girlymom  – (April 28, 2008 at 2:25 PM)  

Ours didn't last long either, but now they just get a kick out of being like dad...well ok, to be honest, like mom...I end up doing the mowing alot! At least he got a good 20 minutes out of it! :)

Misty  – (April 29, 2008 at 11:09 PM)  

The lawn mower has been a big hit at my house, too!!

just jamie  – (May 1, 2008 at 1:23 AM)  

Did you get a new camera? Those shots are so crisp and divine (yes ALL of your others have been lovely too).

A toy inventor without children is like a man designing tampons. Uh-uh.

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs}  – (May 4, 2008 at 8:20 AM)  

Im gonna try and hunt one of those down! Lukas loves bubbles and his new $5 plastic mower from kmart. Couldnt find the one with bubbles though... ill keep searching!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP