Friday - Monday........what a blur!

Whew! What a weekend! We had a very busy weekend. So busy that it FLEW by. And today, I'm feeling the side effects.

-Friday night we had friends over for dinner. Chinese food........yum :) It was great to see them. Thomas was up for a little while before going to bed and he provided some great entertainment. He found Norman's male doggie part.................all on his own. It seriously was cracking us all up because he would point to it, jibber jab and then tip himself almost upside down to get the best view of it Yeah, he was quite the sight!

-Saturday we got up and out early in order to beat the rush to the outlets. We scored some major deals. I had tons of coupons and our triple A card helped too! Saturday afternoon I spent a lot of time in the backyard blowing bubbles.......well trying to at least! Saturday night we had a date. Just Einstein and I. We dropped Thomas Trouble off at his Nana's house and then went in to the Opera House to see "The Drowsy Chaperone." It was a fun, silly musical with some tap dancing! I love musicals and I love tap dancing! It was a great night! My MIL got me the tickets for my birthday :)

-Sunday we were up early again (who isn't with a toddler). While reading the newspaper and looking at the flyers..........Einstein decided that he wanted a wii. The flyer said they had 15 in stock. So off he went in a rush to be one of the firsts! I don't know where you live, but here, it's still really tough to get one. He scored the No. 2 spot in line and secured a voucher for one! It is awesome! I think I will be hooked. Our first shot at bowling and I rocked a 170! I thought that was pretty good for my first game! At noon, the open houses started. We had 4 lined up to check out. The first one we ended up just driving by. I didn't like the neighborhood. The next two were on the same street. However they were the exact same house which was tiny! Cross those off the list. The last one.........well it was gorgeous! Everything I would want in a house! Move in condition! BUT it was right under high tension wires. You could hear the wires sizzling from the back deck. So cross that one off the list too! Sunday evening we had plans to head in town to the North End for dinner. Friends of ours are leaving to move to MN on Friday so we decided to head on into our favorite restaurant for one last time with them. Unfortunately it was closed. We went to a different place though and it ended up being really good. After that it was off to Mike's Pastries for dessert................yum!

I haven't had a weekend this jam packed in a while. While it was fun, I was up late all three nights and today I'm exhausted! (Woah, this was a long one for me! If you made this far, thanks!)

kim-d  – (April 28, 2008 at 9:58 AM)  

Oh Mary, it sounds like you had a TERRIFIC weekend, with all kinds of fun! They ARE exhausting, though--work certainly does get in the way of our fun, doesn't it? HA!

Where in MN are your friends moving to? I hope that our weather improves a little bit--no, make that A LOT (see my post for today)--before they get here. And I hope they like it here!

And, of course, you KNOW I'm cracking up over Thomas Trouble and His Great Discovery Weekend! Is it wrong of me to think that is just the cutest, funniest thing? I love how little kids usually figure those things out when OTHER PEOPLE are around...HAHA! Wonder how long it will take before he realizes that he and Norman are both males? Oh man!!! Hehehe...

And for now, I'm going to go and consult the Interwebs about the North End and Mike's Pastries. Might have to put them on the list of Things To Do In Boston!!!

Amy  – (April 28, 2008 at 10:40 AM)  

Thomas loved his sleep-over last night - Matt loved it more!

Michelle Leigh  – (April 28, 2008 at 11:24 AM)  

Holy crap, we wrote the same post today! I'm serious! We both talked about how the weekend flew by and how our hubbies bought wii's. Crazy! Glad you had a good weekend though! Enjoy the wii, I know we will:)

kimmy  – (April 28, 2008 at 12:35 PM)  

Yeah, I am so glad that you liked Il Panino. It really is our favorite restaurant in the North End. I know that we should explore new restaurants though. Did you go to Mike's for some pastries afterwards?

Kimmy

girlymom  – (April 28, 2008 at 2:23 PM)  

Sounds like a jammed pack weekend, but a fun one too! It's so nice that you were able to go out on a date. I think my HUbby and I are way over due. It has been a month plus spent with everyone on my side of the family. Although we have a ton of events coming up for his side of the family. Hopefully we will find a date in there.

Love your new profile pic too. I saw it in your sisters comments. You look amazing!

Happy Days  – (April 28, 2008 at 3:24 PM)  

Mary
I was glad to get a recap of your busy weekend! I missed you! Glad you had fun!!! Can't wait to see how the cake comes out!! Love ya and T man too and John too!!!

KG  – (April 28, 2008 at 4:59 PM)  

I LOVE my Wii. I'm a total geek like that.

I highly recommend Mario Galaxy.

kari and kijsa  – (April 28, 2008 at 6:27 PM)  

Such a fun weekend!! have a great day!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Robyn  – (April 28, 2008 at 10:06 PM)  

Though it may have been busy it sound fun. I really want a wii I actually think that it would be so much fun to play. They are scarce here to. I can almost picture Thomas with the dog.

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (April 29, 2008 at 2:56 PM)  

Taking a quick minute to say hi and to thank you for all the thoughts and prayers for John. He's home and although we are exhausted, we are one happy family!

Hallie

Janice {Run Far}  – (April 29, 2008 at 5:26 PM)  

I love staying busy, it makes time go by so much faster. But it is also nice when it slows so you can veg out a little

Happy Days  – (April 30, 2008 at 9:33 AM)  

Mary,
Are you too busy playing with your Wii to blog?!!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP