To the man in the red SUV

Dear Jackass Driving a Red SUV,

First and foremost, thank you for making my life flash before me at 3:30pm yesterday afternoon. I can't really think of any other way to start my end of the day. It was a beautiful day; I was out early and on my way to pick up Thomas Trouble. I had my windows down rockin' to the radio. It was a PERFECT afternoon.

I don't know what kind of a rush you were in. I could see you getting antsy about a mile prior to the "incident". The guy on the motorcycle in front of you was not going fast enough for you. You moved to the lane to the right of him. Then you decided you wanted to go back to the middle lane. Then apparently you got fed up with motorcycle man again and moved to the left lane behind me. I was traveling at 40 mph, 5 mph over the speed limit. But yet again, that was too slow for you. You moved back to the middle lane.

That's when it happened. From the middle lane you decided to go up the ramp to my left onto the highway. You made me swerve nearly causing a huge cluster f*&$. You didn't float over going forward to cut me off, you cut over, driving perpendicular just barely making the ramp. I honestly do not know how you didn't take the front end of my car off.

Maybe I'm a wimp. Maybe I'm emotional. Maybe there was no need for my tears. But you SCARED me! You scared me bad. I was shaking so badly that I could barely hold my cell phone.

I know I have a good life. I really didn't need to be reminded by having it flash before.

I'll be watching for you, you road bully. The light cycles can be long at Freeport Street. You don't want to get caught next to me!

Regards,
MLG

jenny  – (May 29, 2008 at 11:16 AM)  

oh man - i'm glad nothing happened! i hate A-HOLES on the road! errrrgh.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada  – (May 29, 2008 at 12:14 PM)  

What a JERK!! I hate inconsiderate and stupid drivers- but they're EVERYWHERE!!!

Denise H.  – (May 29, 2008 at 12:39 PM)  

I am glad you were okay. Idiots don't think while they are driving! Jackass is right!

Misty  – (May 29, 2008 at 1:37 PM)  

Assholes and their BIG trucks. I got ran off the road driving up to Sundance this weekend.... on a one-lane road, driving up a mountain.

Not fun.

SUPER glad you're alright. ((squeeze))

KG  – (May 29, 2008 at 5:19 PM)  

I honk loudly and often - and give the finger to people while driving, too. That's my defense to that sort of behavior.

Kellan  – (May 29, 2008 at 6:32 PM)  

Some people are just idiots and should not be allowed to drive - so sorry you were scared!

It's always nice to see you, Mary. Take care - Kellan

Happy Days  – (May 29, 2008 at 8:46 PM)  

Mary!!!!
What would I do if something happend to you!!!!?????? I am so glad that you are OK!! What is the matter with some people!?!?!? Where the heck are they going that they are in such a rush!!!??? Again I am glad that you are ok. I still shake and quiver about the night we were taking a left on Washington St. to Southern Artery! Do you remember that?

kim-d  – (May 30, 2008 at 6:15 AM)  

OMG...Mary! I'm so glad you are okay, but I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I know exactly what you are talking about because I've had it happen, too. What is with some people anyway? Makes ya wanna slap 'em right upside the head...or worse. And the part that REALLY gets me is this. If, heaven forbid, he would have caused the cluster f*** to happen, he would have just driven off; he wouldn't have even acknowledged it! Jackassedry at its worst. Curses on him. {{{MARY}}}

kimmy  – (May 30, 2008 at 10:00 AM)  

I know a little bit about a-holes too! Some people just don't realize (or just don't care) about the danger they put us in. It makes me so nervous especially whent he kids are in the car with me!

Kimmy

Jaime Cox  – (May 31, 2008 at 9:47 PM)  

lol.... JERK! way to keep an eye out for these a-holes!!

girlymom  – (June 6, 2008 at 8:54 AM)  

So glad you are ok!! I hate road rage jerks! I was trying to get out of a very crowded parking lot this spring (at the kids' dance) Another very large vehicle decided she wanted to leave very urgently too. She is going forward, backwards, inching her way out of her spot. In an attempt to move out of her way (so she could get out of my way) I reversed close to her, then forward and to the side so she would have more room to manuever. As I am doing this she lays on her horn and starts yelling at me. Did I mention I was nowhere close to hitting her car, there were kids everywhere, and everyone knows everyone...hello dumbass, just giving you more room! Anyways, her friend walks out just then and I put my window down and asked her to tell the maniac driver that I am simply moving out of her way and there is no need for her to honk so wildly at me and wake the baby. I appreciate it thanks! Now I am out of her way, she can move her beast of a car...looks at me, gives me "the look" points, shakes her head and reverses. The nerve of some people simply amazes me. The funny thing is that a whole bunch of other moms came out then and saw it all play out... asking me what her problem was...I shrugged, don't know guess I just didn't help her out fast enough. It was bizarre. Hopefully the rest of your drives home will be uneventful and No red SUV. Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP