Banged up

Do you ever see something that's about to happen but can't do anything to prevent it?


Thomas and I had one of those moments yesterday.

I got out of work. Picked up T and decided to stop for a quick visit at my aunt's house.

She's got a gorgeous inground kidney shaped pool surrounded by a very nice concrete patio. So of course we were back there dipping our toes in the water! Thomas was having a ball!

About a half hour went by and I realized that we had to get going or else we'd get stuck in traffic.

I grabbed Thomas' crocs and put them on and then it happened.

He started walking around the pool. The walk turned into a gallop. Then a run. Then...........

SPLAT!

I knew it was going to happen.

He was flat out. I was afraid to look. His cry was delayed because he was holding his breath. I picked him up and he was a bloody mess!

My aunt and I cleaned him up and we were on our way.

He must have been sore last night though because he was whiny and beastly! Poor guy :(
I tried to put his mouse ice pack on his nose and his knee but he only wanted it on his head. It was kind fo funny.

Just when his bumps and scrapes start to disappear..............he gets a whole new set!

Michelle Leigh  – (July 10, 2008 at 9:50 AM)  

Ahhh, poor baby. That happens way too much at my house. Annika scraped her nose up like that last year, it looked terrible but didn't seem to bother her much!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (July 10, 2008 at 10:49 AM)  

Oooh! Poor little Thomas. Had something similar happen to Jonathan last week..stitches were required. So very scary.

I hope he is feeling better soon.

What pitiful little photos.

Happy Days  – (July 10, 2008 at 10:54 AM)  

Oh, poor little guy!!!
He resembles William in these pictures. Something, I am not sure what!

Anonymous –   – (July 10, 2008 at 1:33 PM)  

Awww, poor T! Being a toddler is rough. I thought about wrapping Cooper in bubble wrap the week before his 2-year portraits out of fear that he would have a big ol' shiner or something - thank goodness it was April and still cool . . . I put him in jeans to cover his scrapped up knees!

Leslie Collins  – (July 10, 2008 at 1:35 PM)  

Ouch! Poor little guy. That is the worst when they hurt themselves and we can't do anything to prevent it from happening. Hope he is feeling better today.

Robyn  – (July 10, 2008 at 11:17 PM)  

Aw. T-Man banged up is still the sweetest thing. PB always gets her knees scraped and weird scratches on her face, I always wonder where they some from.

kim-d  – (July 11, 2008 at 5:37 AM)  

Awww, poor Thomas Trouble! Awww, poor ML-G :)! Even all banged up, he is so incredibly cute--I just love his little "high and tight"--there is nothing cuter than a little boy with a big boy haircut!

I miss you Mare, but I think I'll be back to a more "normal" state in a week or so, once I get settled into my new studying schedule. Slowly but surely, I'm getting the hang of it. So don't write me off, okay? HA!

kimmy  – (July 11, 2008 at 8:37 AM)  

Poor little guy. I know exactly what you are talking about though. My kids have a hard time running in their crocs too!

Hope he feels better soon!

Kimmy

Denise H.  – (July 11, 2008 at 4:51 PM)  

Oh No! Poor little guy! I hope he heals up soon!

Amy  – (July 11, 2008 at 9:13 PM)  

Jack saw him today and he had a red washable marker. Jack thought he had marker on his nose!

Julie  – (July 13, 2008 at 3:33 PM)  

Aw poor little guy. Em had a fall by my MIL's pool, scraped her upper lip pretty bad, took forever for the mark to go away had to use mederma for kids. I hate when they fall, like you said you just know it's gonna happen. Glad he is ok!!!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP