The wood ninjas are here!

Yay..........the wood ninjas are here! My new hardwood floor is being installed today :) I am extremely excited!

We've Einstein and my Dad have made so much progress this past week on the house it's unbelievable! The best part about the wood ninjas being here, other than that the new floors will be done, is that it gives Einstein a mini vacation from it all. We can't be on the floors for a few days while they dry. Which means we can eat dinner together, get stuff done around the apartment, and go to bed at a decent time for a few days :)

My Dad finished painting the main floor of the house yesterday (remember, it's a raised ranch). The only things left to paint are the doors (when we get them) and all of the moldings/trim.

Here's the painted hall:
Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Navajo White
And the living room:
Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Navajo White
And the dining room:
Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Navajo White
And the kitchen (that's one of the cabinets that will eventually go in):
Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Chamois
And here is a sample of the granite that will be our countertop:And, the best thing that was done yesterday...............the tiled front entrance, and some tile in the bathroom! Einstein did an awesome job!

I know you're all probably bored with my house project posts. But it's pretty much all that's going on in our world right now. (Well we've got some other projects going on too but I'll fill you in on those later.) The house stuff takes up all of the time right now :) If you made it through this post..............thanks!

Alice  – (July 30, 2008 at 10:01 AM)  

I love these posts! Especially since Ervin and I will be buying (or building)a house in the next year or so. You're already giving me ideas!! (And I really appreciate that you've listed actual paint colors.)

Keep posting! We want to see how it all turns out.

Happy Days  – (July 30, 2008 at 10:15 AM)  

Mary,
It looks great!!! I can't beleive how fast everything is going!!! I am glad you guys can take a little break righ now!!

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (July 30, 2008 at 10:33 AM)  

For someone of the advanced age of 94, you actually look quite good.

I ASSUME that's how old you are cuz who else leaves a comment with the world HUMDINGER in it?

Hallie :)

Burgh Baby  – (July 30, 2008 at 12:02 PM)  

Everything looks FANTASTIC! Yay for the floors, btw! Now you can finally drag the kids around the house without carpet impeding your progress. ;-)

kimmy  – (July 30, 2008 at 1:27 PM)  

I love the posts about your house, especially since Ryan and I are thinking of building an addition later this year!

Unfortunately, we are not headed to the North End this time. It just won't be the same!

Kimmy

Leslie Collins  – (July 30, 2008 at 1:49 PM)  

Defintitely not bored with house stuff. I love seeing all the projects and it gives me ideas for when we move.

BTW....love your granite. That is what I want in my kitchen.

Robyn  – (July 30, 2008 at 5:01 PM)  

can't wait to see the finished kitchen. I have a feeling it is going to be awesome.

kim-d  – (July 30, 2008 at 9:53 PM)  

Thank YOU, Mare! I LOVE this stuff! I can't wait to see pix of when it's all finished; it will be so fun to compare. I love your tile, and your countertops are gonna be gorgeous with your cabinets. Oh, how fun! But also nice to get a break for a couple of days...

Jaime Cox  – (July 30, 2008 at 10:05 PM)  

I honestly think I have the same granite and you are going to LOVE it! You can't even tell when it's dirty! hahaha.....

Looking good!! Glad you guys get to take a break!

Anonymous –   – (July 31, 2008 at 9:23 AM)  

LOVE it! ALL of it! I LOVE seeing house projects - gives me lots of ideas for what I want to do next. It all look so nice - especially the tile - E. did a fantastic job!

Denise H.  – (July 31, 2008 at 11:55 AM)  

Not Bored at all I love seeing your house up-dates. And GIRL... you are going to have a brand new house when you are finished.

It looks Beautiful!

Julie  – (August 2, 2008 at 1:01 PM)  

It's looking awesome! I can't wait to see the finished product.

kim-d  – (August 3, 2008 at 12:26 PM)  

Maaaaaaarrrrrrrryyyyyy!!! Maaaare? MLG, YOU ANSWER ME THIS INSTANT!!!

HAHA...I know you're busy and such, but I'm still missing you so bad! Between you, Amy JEAN Kelly and Lisa--YOU ARE ALL SILENT!!!--I am going through Boston Girl withdrawal.

I do, however, understand. It is a crazy busy time right now. Just know I miss you--all three of you!

Amy  – (August 4, 2008 at 12:00 AM)  

Mary - things look AWESOME. Well as busy as you are right now, you still had time to bust me. Thanks for that post. I don't even remember some of those pics!!!

Oh and I forgot you had the crush on him. I thought it was Uncle Buck (another one of Quincy's finest or not so....) Do you know who I mean?

I am off to bed now because Trouble will be calling my name real soon!

Unknown  – (August 6, 2008 at 9:23 AM)  

Looks great! Doesn't Ben Moore have THE best paint? When we bought our house, we named it the "Sheet Hole Mansion". Finally we have it where we want it! Enjoy your projects, they make you even more proud of your home!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Nicole  – (October 4, 2008 at 1:08 AM)  

I love the tile by the door... love it!

Anonymous –   – (February 20, 2010 at 8:52 PM)  

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous –   – (March 13, 2010 at 11:05 PM)  

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP