Boxes and Belly Flops

What a weekend!

I hate to wish my days away but oh how I can not wait for the next two weekends to be over!

I can not stand looking at boxes and I cringe at the thought of touching newspaper again! I sure to hell hope that we are in this house for a good long while because I don't want to pack for a long long time!

Considering the circumstances Thomas did well. I found that he was more willing to cooperate with me first thing in the morning. So John would leave and I would start packing as fast and furiously as I could! By 11:00 Thomas was done with his solitary confinement in the TV room and would make no bones about it! So then it was lunch time and a nap. I took that time to pack a little more, load up my car, shower and be ready for him when he woke up. Then came the task of unloading the car at the new house. I have a very small window of time to occupy him there. He lasts for only about 2 rounds of Baby Einstein until he wants nothing more to do with the corral. Then we let him come join us in the mess upstairs. It's tough. I sympathize with everyone that's ever had to move with a toddler. It's not easy! Luckily this weekend when the real moving takes place he'll be taken off my hands for a few days :)

So yeah, we have movers coming Saturday. Einstein leaves Wednesday night for AZ and will not be home until Friday night. We are so not ready for this move!

Say hello to Box Head.........
Call me mean, but it was very entertaining watching Box Head stagger around the house bumping, giggling and falling over getting completely wrecked!

And see this..............someone took it upon himself to fill this dog dish and then sample the biscuits. See the the piece missing from one? And see all those crumbs? Yeah, there were more crumbs on "some one's" face! It's never dull around here, never!


Oh and this, have you ever heard of "Belly Flops?" They are the Jelly Bellies that don't quite make the cut! I'm pretty sure you can only get them from the Jelly Belly Factory. Thomas' Nana and Pop just came back from visiting the factory and brought bags of these goodies! They are so good because sometimes you'll get one that's actually like 5 beans stuck together of one flavor and if just happens to be your favorite flavor it's like..........heaven!! Let me tell you, these "flops" bought be lots of time to put stuff away in the new cabinets yesterday!

Happy Days  – (August 18, 2008 at 10:51 AM)  

Oh man! I can only imagine trying to move with a busy todler. I feel for you girl! I can't wait to test the bellyflops! Don't worry, you will be settled before you know it!

Anonymous –   – (August 18, 2008 at 2:03 PM)  

Belly Flops - that's awesome!

There is a special place in Heaven for Mom's who have to move with a toddler and while pregnant! We moved from CA to CO when Cooper was 17 months old and I was 5.5 monhts pregnant with Maren, and then moved from the apartment to our house when he was just a bit past 2 and Maren was 8 months old . . . I am still unpacking the last of the boxes nearly a year later!

Michelle Leigh  – (August 18, 2008 at 4:49 PM)  

That little boy is so funny. Sounds like an experience. I moved when I was 5 months preggo with Annika, talk about exhausting! Good luck this weekend!

Robyn  – (August 18, 2008 at 9:58 PM)  

Yeah, you get props from me. I cannot even imagine trying to pack with a toddler esp mine who wants to dump everything out. Don't worry I think PB has eaten her share of dog food too.

jessica  – (September 5, 2008 at 9:35 PM)  

belly flops... are they cheaper? i LOVE JBs!!!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP