For memory's sake II

For the past few months Thomas has been referring to Abby as "Babby." It sounds so funny coming from his mouth that it makes me chuckle every time. Unfortunately, I think it's gone forever.

My screen saver on my desk top computer at home is set to scroll through all of my pictures. Thomas loves to sit there and watch them. Yesterday morning he was walking by and caught a glimpse of a picture of Abby and as clear as day said "Abby."

"Babby" is gone. I wish I knew when there would be a last time for every thing because then I would bottle it before it's gone :(

Thank God he still calls Elmo "Melmo." I think I'll really cry when that one's gone.

And so far............
"Mack" is still Matt
"Non" is still John
"Nonold" is still Donald
"Mayme" is still Amy
"Bup" is still Pop

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (August 18, 2008 at 4:33 PM)  

Like when Jonathan says "eeeee" for please and "mamma!" for daddy and "itty" for kitty.

It is soooo darn cute.

ooooh, I feel gushy inside.

and weepy. 20 minutes and I can go pick up my baby!

Michelle Leigh  – (August 18, 2008 at 4:49 PM)  

I know how you feel, annika speaks perfect sentences now. I love it though, she says the funniest things.

I love baby words, don't worry though, it will get better, not worse!

Burgh Baby  – (August 18, 2008 at 7:21 PM)  

I HATE when something so sweet and adorable is just gone one day. I guess it's a good thing we blog so we can at least remember these things when they are screaming at us about how stupid we are in about 15 years.

Robyn  – (August 18, 2008 at 9:59 PM)  

Oh I know, I'm actually starting to understand her.

AdriansCrazyLife  – (August 19, 2008 at 12:43 AM)  

Our best word was kasplode as it "Mom it just kasploded!". Our other favorite was when Matt pronounced his name as Matthew Jofus because he couldn't say Joseph. He even referred to them as Mary and Jofus in the Christmas play - hilarious!

Of course, he's 19 now, so he doesn't usually talk like that any more, but he's still cute!

kimmy  – (August 19, 2008 at 9:17 AM)  

My daughter used to call her mittens, "mippits."

Love those memories!

Kimmy

Alice  – (August 19, 2008 at 10:10 AM)  

I remember how sad I was when my brother quit calling me "Yah Yah" and started calling me "Alice." The best part of it is now his son calls me Yah Yah.

Sweet post. My heart broke a little for you.

Kim Airhart  – (August 19, 2008 at 1:32 PM)  

My best friends daugther started calling me Mimi cause she couldn't say kimmy when she was a baby. She's 8 now and I am still Mimi. I love it. Kids are so cute.

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (August 19, 2008 at 7:54 PM)  

I'm 38 and still call him MELMO.

No need to cry....

Hallie :)

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP