"Carzan" is one big bossy boy!

Internet, it was my mission to keep my kids outside at all costs yesterday. Knowing that the next few days are not going to be stellar. And since yesterday was stellar, it was my mission to shut the TV off and just be outside.

Mission accomplished.

And I don't have any pictures to prove it because I was too busy being "Jane" chasing "Carzan" around!

What? You don't know who Carzan is? It's Tarzan you sillies! Don't you know that it's been playing nonstop in our DVD player for for days now? 3 times yesterday alone! And I was asked before I dropped "Carzan" off today if he could watch it when he gets home! I'm starting to actually miss Woody and Buzz!

Thomas Trouble is wonderful in the yard when he has someone to play with. He lights up and is more than willing to share when he has the company of other children. He got lucky yesterday morning in that there were twin 4 year olds visiting their grandparents behind us. Score one for TT! He immediately made his way to their backyard, engaged them and brought them back to ours. And they played for about an hour and a half until it was time for them to go.

Although when he's alone, he's less than delightful out there. In face he won't stay out ther. After the kids left he came in the house. Took everything off (sneakers and jacket) and moped on the floor begging for the TV to be put on.

So that's when I had to get creative. Mr. Mean was sleeping and I had stuff to do but I improvised. I got him to eat his lunch outside while I folded my laundry out there with him. Score one for me! I even brought Mr. Mean's high chair out onto the deck so he could enjoy the fresh air too when he woke up!

And score one for all of us when Nana joined us!

And then it happened............I fell victim to TT's games. And rules. You guys, he was calling me "Jane" all afternoon. And he was being bossy. And Nana didn't get off easy either. She was an elephant at one point and I think at another point she was on the hunt for a cheetah!

But you know what? It was worth it to see the pure delight on his face when I would refer to him as "Carzan" and chase him around the yard on a mission to save the gorillas. You guys he loved it!

And by 7:45 last night...........I had two boys that were long gone into their dreams! Score another one for me!

This was taken at approximately 6:45 when Mr. Mean succumbed to sleep!

Anonymous –   – (March 22, 2010 at 2:08 PM)  

I LOVE his imagination! Cooper is the same way - he does so well when he has someone to play with, but when they are gone? Not so much. Maren, on the other hand, will sit and play by herself for a good 1/2 hour before she is underfoot begging me to play with her.

YEAH for getting out and enjoying the sunshine - and for it making bedtime such a breeze!

Robyn  – (March 22, 2010 at 2:32 PM)  

Maggie doesn't have a problem playing outside by herself, I just wish our yard was fenced in. It has been so nice that it is hard not to be outside.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (March 22, 2010 at 10:57 PM)  

It is so fun to play with them. But really...most they be so bossy. I just feel so...so...confined. Like I can't act like myself...do my own thing...you know? I don't like being ruled by a 3 year old. :-)

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP