He flaps for a "bubby"

Internet, in 5 days Mr. Mean will be 1. O-N-E. And I'm just not ready for it. Nope, not one bit.

You see, one marks a lot of things but for this meatball one of these things is going to be very TOUGH. And very TOUGH for me too.

The transition to milk. Ice cold milk.

No more super warm turbo rocket fuel Necoate baby formula.

You guys...........Mr. Mean is going to go BALLISTIC.

I'm suspecting a 3 day protest out of him.

You see, during his whole "my belly hurts I'm going to scream 24/7 and send my mom to the loony bin" phase, I spoiled him. Yup, I did everything I could possibly do to help him and one of those things was warm his bottles. And well, for those of you that have ever given him a bottle that wasn't warmed to his liking........you know what he does. THROWS IT AT YOU. (You guys, I don't call him mean for no reason!) And believe me, I've tried to ween him from warm to room temperature water, etc. etc. and you know his response? HE THROWS IT AT ME.

If we go somewhere and I know I can't access a microwave or something, I carry warm water in a thermos. But some how, the thought of warm milk in a thermos kind of gives me a sour taste.

So not only am I dealing with a.) a new flavor. I've got b.) he's very temperature sensitive. I've got a.) covered. I can just mix the two until he's weened but seriously, what am I going to do with the warm factor?

And the kicker............if you could only see how excited he gets for his "bubby" full of warm goodness every night..........you would melt. It's like the cherry to my ice cream sundae! He sits on the floor and flaps those chubby sausage link arms until I scoop him up and let him indulge.

I'm just not ready to give that up yet.

And he's going to be so disappointed.

kim-d  – (March 4, 2010 at 1:37 PM)  

Awww...I don't know if I feel sorrier for you or The Meatball! He just wants his warm bubby, and he's ONLY one! And meanwhile, you get to be the "bad guy" who withholds his warm bubby AND gets the substitute thrown back at you (wow, you never have to wonder what it is he really wants, huh?)!!! It's a tough one, Mare, and I feel for you both. Like I said before, I don't want him to be a big kid yet...can't we just keep him sausage-like for a while longer???? :(

I LOVE this new look; you did good, Girlfriend. I'm going to do mine this weekend...expect cries for help! :)

lisa  – (March 4, 2010 at 6:47 PM)  

Mary, I love the new look! Don't take it right away. . . do it when you are ready. . . he will get used to it anyway!

Unknown  – (March 5, 2010 at 12:30 AM)  

Oh wow ... this was so cute. Totally brings back memories of weaning my own off the warm bottle ... and how happy that bottle made them. Aww, the memories!

Good luck mama!

Alice  – (March 5, 2010 at 9:51 AM)  

We're getting ready to face that in a couple of months. Fortunately, Austin has gotten used to room temperature. In fact, when I've tried to give him "warmed bottles" he throws those!! What's up with our boys throwing things?? :)

Let me know how it works. I'll be doing it for the first time...and any tips/pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP