Halloweenie

First Internet, check this out.........
I told you Mr. Mean wasn't always mean. Look at that handsome smile! And what's better, is that they are BOTH smiling! This is now my new favorite picture of them.

So Halloween was fun. I've dreaded what Mr. Mean would be like. You see, he doesn't like things that are out of the ordinary. For example, it took me two weeks to get a new pair of shoes on him. His old ones were too small. Overalls.........hates them! Yeah, he's got an opinion and he's not afraid to use it. So the thought of having him put something like a costume over his head, well, it made me a little nervous. At 3:00pm yesterday, we tried it and as I had imagined, he wanted NO PART OF IT.

So when last night came and it was time to hit the road, you can imagine how surprised I was when he willingly walked the streets of our neighborhood decked out like a dragon.You guys, he loved it!

And Thomas Trouble had a hell of a night too! His little buddy Aiden was visiting his Gramma's house and they got to go trick-or-treating together. It was a last minute surprise that put the icing on his cake, for sure! (I wish everyone could witness these two together. I can only imagine what they would be like if they lived across the street from one another!)

I had so much fun observing the innocence of Thomas and his friend this year. His friend kept correcting me when I'd call him by his name and he'd say "No, it's Batman!" They were really trying to BE their costumes. And at each house that gave them more than one piece of candy......well I think the whole neighborhood heard about it! Nothing was expected and it was all still so new to them.
And as for the new "usual" that takes place on Nov. 1st every year........I'm teary about the thought of tomorrow.

My baby will be 4 tomorrow. FOUR.

He is a full-fledged little boy.
And such a joy.

Excuse me while I go wipe my eyes.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP