And it happened.........

Internet, to be blunt, my baby is growing up!

Tomorrow he will be two although when you ask him how old he's going to be he says "four". And he says it with a giggle just to let you know he knows he's messing with you.

Punk.

Two kind of monumental things happened during this past week in the world of Mr. Mean.

First, he doesn't have any beloved, warmed bottles any more. They are officially a thing of the past. And I didn't even take them away on purpose which makes me a firm believer, yet again, that things happen for a reason.

Mr. Mean's last bottle was on Tuesday, March 1st. I didn't know it was going to be his last. I can't even tell you if I held him because I wasn't paying attention because I didn't know it would be the last one. Chances are he inhaled it while standing in the living room watching TV with one of his blankies and then went and chucked it in the sink. I'm guessing that's how it happened, but honestly, I don't know.

What I do know is that the next day he had the stomach bug which meant no bottle. Wednesday turned into Thursday with him still sick and again, no bottle. It was then that it dawned on me, the Powers To Be have decided for me that it was time.

He hasn't missed a beat. He hasn't asked for it. And he also hasn't flooded the bed. Last night though, him and Thomas Trouble were both on my lap while I was on the computer. We started looking through some pictures and we came across one of Mr. Mean drinking his bottle. You guys, he started bouncing and yelled with excitement "that's my bottle"! I felt a little twinge in my heart for him.

The only thing I ask the Powers To Be........please please please be gentle to this Mama and don't take his blankies away yet!

The second monumental thing that I HAVE worked on all winter happened today!

I'm going to leave you with a picture though and see if you can figure it out! Only my loyal readers who know the ups and downs of my quirky Mr. Mean will probably get it.
I love this KID!

lisa  – (March 8, 2011 at 12:27 PM)  

The Hat!!!! I love Mr. Mean! He will always be your baby! You have such a way with words Mary! Those boys are so lucky to have you as their Mama!

Kim Airhart  – (March 8, 2011 at 6:53 PM)  

They grow up so fast. Jake just turned 2 a few weeks ago.

Anonymous –   – (March 9, 2011 at 4:51 PM)  

Look who is wearing a hat that fits his adorable little head! What a sweetheart!

B.riar was forced to give up her binkies in much the same way, and it still nearly breaks my heart to see her come running in a room without that plug hanging out of her face. I know it is supposed to be all for the best, but it still doesn't take the sting out of it meaning that they are getting a little older with each passing day.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP