Oh Irene!

Yes Internet, Hurricane Irene unleashed her wrath on us! Enough so that last night we went to bed with flashlights after playing super heroes for HOURS.



This is actually a first for us. Einstein and I have never gone without power together for more than a few hours. There's a first time for everything!

I can't participate in Menu Plan Monday because currently my refrigerator is being run on a generator and I am unprepared for our meals this week.

I CAN tell you that for the first time in a long time (hangs head in shame) I cooked 6 out of 7 nights this past week! Woo hoo! And I stuck to last weeks plan! I give an A+ to 2 out of 3 recipes. The recipe I won't make again is the chicken with spinach, cheese and roasted red peppers. The chicken was very blah.

Tonight we will be doing grilled chicken on the grill with a lovely garden salad.

Fingers crossed that our power gets turned on soon! I can't listen to Thomas tell me that his light isn't working only to then seconds later tell me he forgot the electricity is out.................one-more-time!

Kim Airhart  – (August 29, 2011 at 9:35 PM)  

I tried the meal plan thing one week and then I failed. UGH

Robyn  – (August 30, 2011 at 8:00 PM)  

Hopefully you get your power back soon. good job on the meals last week.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP