Our new normal.....

Oh Internet, time sure does fly when you are having fun!

I had 12 weeks at home that I wouldn't have traded for the world.  It totally stinks that just as you are finally getting into a routine and your baby starts to "come to life", you have to go back to work.

I tried to prep myself for it all weekend.  Talking myself into thinking that "it's no big deal.  Been there done that."  You'd think having done it two times already that the third time would be a breeze.

Not so.

I think this time was even harder. 

Physically harder because there is more of everything.  More bags to pack.  More clothes to lay out.  More lunches to make.

And emotionally harder.  Three little worlds got disrupted today to start "the new normal".  I'm all Maxwell has known for 12 weeks.  And while I know he is in good hands, he's got to feel the change.  David has had his time at the daycare all to himself for 2 whole months.  Now he has to share it with Maxwell and Thomas.  And Thomas started taking a new school bus to school today. 

Change all around.

I know these changes will become routine fast and that the boys won't even know the difference soon.  But I can't ignore that tiny little guilty twinge in my Mama heart for having to go to work.

Here's looking forward to every weekend and every day off!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP